Monday, February 18, 2008

Champions League Preview

Arsenal vs AC Milan
Quarterfinal First Leg

Arsene Wenger's Arsenal doesn't want to underestimate AC Milan, the opponent whom they will face in Champions League Quarterfinal first leg this Wednesday. The Arsenal manager is in a humble way say that Milan is still the favorite as they are the reigning European and World Club Champions.

The first leg of this tie will be held at Emirates Stadium. The return leg then will be at San Siro, Milan two weeks later. Wenger realizes that his young squad fill face a mighty and experience team. "We are a young squad while they are the reigning champions. I will say that they have a 55% chances to go through the next stage and we only have 45%", said Wenger as reported by Goal.

Arsenal will face Milan after a heavy defeat by their arch rival Manchester United in the FA cup, which made them out of the competition. But their performance in the Premier League is different as they are still top of the pack. On the contrary, Milan's performance in Serie A can't be described as great. They were held to 0-0 by a struggling Parma squad which made them fell behind Fiorentina by three points who is at 4th rank in the league.

No comments:

Post a Comment